Disaster risk reduction (DRR) strategies can help guide cities towards sound actions to improve disaster resilience. As a Core Member of the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030), the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) provides an 8-step practical method for developing local DRR strategies and plan which helps cities accelerate pre-disaster investments. This webinar will provide an insight to this 8-step approach together with case examples of pre-disaster investment projects by cities. This guidance is available to all MCR2030 participating cities.
• Dr. Kozo NAGAMI, Group Director for Disaster Risk Reduction Group and Deputy Director General, Global Environment Department, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
• Mr. Masaru ARAKIDA, Director, Research Department, Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC)
● Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
● Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC)
● UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
● Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Date: 15 September 2021 (Wednesday)
Time: 9:30 New Delhi | 11:00 Bangkok | 13:00 Incheon/Tokyo | 16:00 Suva
Duration: 1 hour
For the purpose of this event, UNDRR procures the services of Zoom Video Communications, Inc., an external service provider. Registration for this webinar is supported by the Zoom registration mechanism and does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities.
By registering, you consent for UNDRR to capture your information for communication purposes.