This training serves as an introductory training for urban leaders, planners and practitioners, aiming to:
1) Increase the understanding and capacities in disaster and risk reduction, for effective and equitable public health emergency response, and South-South cooperation.
2) Better prepare stakeholders for re-opening cities following the COVID-19 pandemic and better prepare for future crises - especially health emergencies;
3) Facilitate city-to-city partnerships in South-South and triangular cooperation (SSTC) towards sustainable development.
Date: 8, 15, 22, 29 June 2021 (Tuesdays, 4 sessions)
Time: 7:30 New York | 13:30 Geneva | 20:30 pm Incheon (90 min per session)
Language: English with simultaneous interpretation in Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish
• United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
• United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC)
• World Health Organization (WHO)’s Health Emergencies Programme
For more information: https://bit.ly/2Q4An5b
For the purpose of this event, UNDRR procures the services of Zoom Video Communications, Inc., an external service provider. Registration for this webinar is supported by the Zoom registration mechanism and does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities.
By registering, you consent for UNDRR, UNOSSC and WHO to capture your information for communication purposes.