This webinar aims to introduce the ISO 37123 – Indicators for Resilient Cities, published in 2019 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO 37123 is the first international standard designed to build globally standardized data for city resilience. It is applicable to any city, municipality or local government that undertakes to measure its performance in a comparable and verifiable manner, irrespective of size or location. The availability of ISO standardized metrics for resilience assists cities to prepare for, recover from, and adapt to, shocks and stresses.
• What is ISO 37123 – Indicators for Resilient Cities? What sorts of indicators are included?
• How can ISO 37123 help cities in preparing for, recovering from, and adapting to shocks and stresses?
• How can cities build data in conformity with ISO 37123 and have their data certified?
• World Council on City Data (WCCD)
• UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
• Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Date: Thursday, 19 May 2022 (60 min)
Time: 7:30 – 8:30 Toronto | 13:30 – 14:30 Geneva | 20:30 – 21:30 Incheon
Language: English, with simultaneous interpretation in French, Portuguese, and Spanish
For the purpose of this event, UNDRR procures the services of Zoom Video Communications, Inc., an external service provider. Registration for this webinar is supported by the Zoom registration mechanism and does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities.
By registering, you consent for UNDRR to capture your information for communication purposes.